Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 04:51 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Floorboard Gun Storage
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/tourin...n-storage.html

Issue:
A nifty modification to store a gun in your floorboard, with some users believing the post is photoshopped.
Read below for full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Floorboard Gun Storage

Old 11-30-2013, 07:49 AM
dh2683
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ftworthcowboy
My Glock will stay on my side.
Best place for it.

Old 11-30-2013, 08:35 AM
liljon140
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My XD45 is staying in the crossbreed on my hip just as it has ridden for the last 10 years

Old 11-30-2013, 11:35 AM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Not my preferred method but it is cool nonetheless:

Old 11-30-2013, 01:38 PM
42gunner
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 11-30-2013, 02:52 PM
nh-rider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best Response

Originally Posted by 42gunner

Old 12-01-2013, 10:41 AM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 638 Likes on 494 Posts

I questioned in an earlier reply regarding the wisdom of carrying a weapon in one of these...in terms of wear to the weapon and dust/water intrusion. Ironically, a pal of mine has these installed front and rear on a Road Glide, and he keeps his .380 in one of the front ones. I asked him how he thought about these issues, and he was able to ease my concerns about those things...not that I'm gonna necessarily run out and buy some...there are a lot of more practical things to buy first, although they look excellent for tool storage.

I agree with the others, if you're gonna pack, it needs to be in a location where it will be instantly accessible. If, on the other hand, you're not licensed to carry, the floorboard carry makes good sense, but it begs the question why one would need to pack an illegally concealed weapon that isn't accessible right now?

My friend pointed out that the floorboards use the same key as the bike...nice feature, but I think I'd prefer a separate key if, again, I didn't have a CCW permit...and squirrel that key somewhere not like to be found in a pat down...I don't know all the weapons laws in all the states, whether permits are required, or whatever, the way my friend had it stashed would require a CCW permit in California...but that's his trip, point is, I think I have to back off on my concerns, look like good units...

Old 12-01-2013, 10:50 AM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Veekness
I questioned in an earlier reply regarding the wisdom of carrying a weapon in one of these...in terms of wear to the weapon and dust/water intrusion. Ironically, a pal of mine has these installed front and rear on a Road Glide, and he keeps his .380 in one of the front ones. I asked him how he thought about these issues, and he was able to ease my concerns about those things...not that I'm gonna necessarily run out and buy some...there are a lot of more practical things to buy first, although they look excellent for tool storage.

I agree with the others, if you're gonna pack, it needs to be in a location where it will be instantly accessible. If, on the other hand, you're not licensed to carry, the floorboard carry makes good sense, but it begs the question why one would need to pack an illegally concealed weapon that isn't accessible right now?

My friend pointed out that the floorboards use the same key as the bike...nice feature, but I think I'd prefer a separate key if, again, I didn't have a CCW permit...and squirrel that key somewhere not like to be found in a pat down...I don't know all the weapons laws in all the states, whether permits are required, or whatever, the way my friend had it stashed would require a CCW permit in California...but that's his trip, point is, I think I have to back off on my concerns, look like good units...
I think it is a silly idea but I'll play. It all depends on your state...In most free states (not California for sure...) you can carry a firearm in your vehicle without a CCW permit because it is not on your person. I would think it would be the same in you had a firearm locked in a floorboard of a bike. It's not like you can quickly access it...

Old 12-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 638 Likes on 494 Posts

I think the issue of being unloaded vs. loaded and proximity to ammo makes a difference too...I agree with ya, Mouth, it wouldn't be my first choice of holster, but I like them for storing tools and things like that...

Old 12-01-2013, 11:50 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

When we road trip we carry in the tour pack so when we stop for the night and set up tents we bring them into the tent so we have some protection from animals or crazies. Never really carry it on our hip unless we are home in NC which is an open carry state so it's legal to wear unconcealed on your person.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:54 PM
slapshot12
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

My Glock 30 stays on my hip under my shirt/jacket.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Floorboard Gun Storage