Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Notices

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

Welcome to HDForums.com!

Old 09-14-2012, 09:13 PM
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Auxiliary Brake Light / Running Light / Turn Signal Conversion Kit

How many of you have it and does it make that big of a difference? Thinking about adding it to my 2010 FLHTCU.

Part # 69461-06C

Last edited by zoozoo; 09-14-2012 at 09:37 PM..
Old 09-14-2012, 09:27 PM
One Of The Regulars

Added mine from Bad Lands along with LEDs front and rear from Custom Dynamics. Great customer service from both companies.
Improving the chances of being seen can never be a bad thing IMHO.
-Carl

Only in the agony of parting do we know the depths of love.
I will forever miss my son Jeff. Rest easy.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:30 PM
Extreme HDF Member

Had mine installed at the dealership while bike was in for 1,000 mile service. Cost was the kit only. I think it makes a huge difference. If I am at a light or stop sign, and see a vehicle approaching me from behind, all I do is let off the brake for a second, and reapply, and they ALWAYS stop with plenty of distance between us. Not once have I had someone crowd me while stopped. They are definitely more eye catching than just the single tail light alone.
PGR #168007, OKPGR #876

2011 FLHR Road King, Vivid Black (gone but not forgotten)
2014 FLHR Road King, Vivid Black
Old 09-14-2012, 10:43 PM
Road Captain

The wife's 04 EGC has this kit and it is a huge difference. First time I saw it I was really surprised at how much better it is than a single light.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:46 PM
Outstanding HDF Member

I found and was told by fellow riders that it was harder to see my turn signals but easier to see my brake lights. I'm still running the combination but with HD LED signals and the same people now say it made a big difference and they can easily tell when I'm signaling. I also have a brightass tail light which I had before I switched to HD LED signals. When running stock/brightass light I would have been happier if all three lights came on in braking mode only, now that I'm running all LED I think it works really well. It's sort of a toss up better brake lights but maybe the turn signals are not as easily seen.

BTW this was in daytime use only, otherwise it was easily seen.
2011 Electra Glide Limited - Touring around North America. 62,000 miles on an 09 FLHR (sold), now 26,000 miles and counting on my FLHTK - My travel blog http://travelwithe.com/travelwithe/blogengine.net/ my YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTJA4CrFRY-_rvDejPct73g
Old 09-14-2012, 11:25 PM
Prospect
Send a message via Skype™ to Quiet56

I have it, along with the airwing luggage rack and saddle bag LED's. I'm going to convert the taillight to a BAL and led turn signal/running/brake lights. You can't fix stupid but you can at least make their lies unbelievable when they say they never saw you and a guy half mile back says he could!!

2012 FLHTCU

"It's better to fight for something than live for nothing". Gen. George S. Patton
Old 09-15-2012, 09:13 AM
Road Captain

I had it on my nightrain and wasn't happy with it. in my opinion it didn't make enough difference since all the lights changed the same and the brightness didn't change much. All stock bulbs.

I changed it out later for the Biketronics "Tailstopper" The turn signals stay off for running but light up when stopping. One light on for run, three for stop. Very obvious that I've got the brakes on when two extra lights come on. When I sold the Nightrain, I took it off and moved to the Road King. I'm very happy with it.

http://www.biketronics.com/products/...ilStopper.html
Traded in 2011 Ultra Classic, Black/Blue, Rinehart 2 into 1, 103 with 255 cams, SERT, SE Air Filter 18,000 miles for the Limited ( long story )
Old 09-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Road Master

i like mine - having three running lights on the dark country roads around here gives me more peace of mind. was on a run yesterday and noticed how dim the stock tail light is!
plus 11 other bikes over the years...

Old 09-17-2012, 11:42 AM
Senior Rider

I converted my Ultra Limited with Custom Dynamics, rear LEDs and added the flashing module. Very bright and well worth the $. The two turn signals and the brake all light up at the same time when I hit the brakes, then all flash three times with one second pulses and stop. They are great!
Old 09-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Road Captain

I have both the tail light/brake/turn signal converter plus I also install the trunk light conversion kit so it to lights up for brakes and turns.
Just the usual's so far, SE Stage I Air Breather Kit, SERPT Tuner, V & H Power Duals, V & H Turndown Slip-on mufflers, Barnett +1 Carbon Fiber Clutch Kit, AIM 480# Clutch Spring, ClutchWiz, DK Products Comfort Soft Lift Kit, HD LED Headlight and Passing Lamps, Clearview 10" recurve windshield, HD Reduced Reach Touring Bars, Boom Audio Fairing and Passenger Speakers, Kuryakn Adjustable Passenger Footpegs, Rivco Trailer Hitch.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:08 PM