Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob Riser adaptor for regular riser.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:36 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by manitobabob
This solution is an answer to a question no one should have asked. It takes a few minutes to swap out the top part of the tree if you have the bike/front end properly supported.
I completely disagree with that, there are tons of people out there that would not feel comfortable wrenching on the front end but this this could easily be done by anyone with any mechanical aptitude.
Obviously there is a need for it if multiple companies are coming out with it.

As for companies "ripping it off" if they really are, then the lawyers can make some money, but I seriously doubt that is the case.
I have little doubt that if a small company came up with this, they might very well turn to a company like Custom Chrome for their marketing reach.

To the OP, thanks for posting, I am sure some will find it very useful.

Old 04-07-2012, 02:58 PM
manitobabob
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to change out top of triple tree on FXDB

Step 1: We assume you are replacing the original bars and they are off already. Secure front wheel, preferably supported in a wheel chock; put a jack under the front end of the frame and lift to the point that most but not all the weight is off the front wheel.

Step 2: Remove the two torx head screws from each side of top piece of your triple tree. Remove the screw securing the the brake line to the triple tree. Unscrew the large chrome cap that covers the center bolt on top of the tree. Remove 1 1/2" nut (this socket is not in most tool kits but the socket and 3/4 to 1/2" adapter can be had for less than $15) and washer.

Step 3: I used a small rubber mallet to bump off the old top tree, and put the new one on (I bought mine from Lonerindustries). Reverse the steps to put the new one on remembering to put some new locktite on the torx screws.

Now you have unlimited options for bars including the WO560 drag bars that are now on my wife's 2008 Street Bob.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:47 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Thought better of it

Last edited by 8541hog; 04-07-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:37 PM
bswearingen
Tourer

ive got some 4 inch loner industries i never used if someone wants em. I'll make you a great deal

Old 04-07-2012, 10:10 PM
ryderbiker
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Custom Chrome built their entire business ripping off innovative people. They ripped off Harmon Girders in the 70s and been steeling ideas ever since. I don't want to jack this thread but it's the truth. Call Bung King and ask them about their bars.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:11 PM
kz650b2
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sent me a private message or email blairthistle@nl.rogers.com with your price for the risers. Thanks

Old 04-17-2012, 07:18 PM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

West Coast T-Bars recently posted a tirade on their Facebook page about Custom Chrome ripping off their Street Bob bars that bolt right up to the integrated riser.

Hearing about a company stealing ideas like that removes them from my list of companies I'll ever buy from...problem is most people never heard about their BS tactics.

Originally Posted by editbrain
You can get an '07 top for $125 dollars.
I'd love to know where...I've been watching eBay for a few weeks, and my WTB post in the forum classifieds hasn't landed any leads either.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:37 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by rockon
I'd love to know where...I've been watching eBay for a few weeks, and my WTB post in the forum classifieds hasn't landed any leads either.
I don't know anything about CC stealing part ideas from other companies. I just came across these when I was going through their online catalog and thought some people might be interested in them.

The guy at loner industries and I have been in contact about this thread and we have no problems between us.

Now, as for finding the top tree for $125, I don't know where you can find one at that price, I picked one up for $200 off a member here. I am saving it for when I have the money to black my front end out.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:51 PM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by blueangel73
I don't know anything about CC stealing part ideas from other companies. I just came across these when I was going through their online catalog and thought some people might be interested in them.

The guy at loner industries and I have been in contact about this thread and we have no problems between us.

Now, as for finding the top tree for $125, I don't know where you can find one at that price, I picked one up for $200 off a member here. I am saving it for when I have the money to black my front end out.
I've heard about CC doing this a few times, and of course, every time it is a small up and comer company getting shafted.

Loner makes a very nice top tree that I think is my best new option...still keeping an eye out for a FXD take-off.

http://lonerindustries.com/StreetBobTopTripleClamp.aspx

Old 02-20-2013, 12:50 PM
Northside W&M
Intermediate

I have posted these on another thread but we make them..