Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Custom (exhaust)

Old 02-10-2012, 01:41 PM
oldhdrider
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default American Custom (exhaust)

Anyone have any experience with this company and their product?
Customer service? Quality?

thanx

ride safe

Old 02-10-2012, 02:41 PM
t. sawyer
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

I run their product on my 07 sg. 2 yrs. now. got the mid level baffles also but I run with out them cause I like the noise, hehe. No problem with product or service. Did have a pony tail of fiberglass hanging out the right exhaust one day maybe 6-8 mo. ago I just cut it off and none has reapeard(that spelled right?) I like mine and did not cost like some of the other brands. I hate to have enough money just in exhaust to buy a plane ticket around the world. hope this helps. Their web site also has it so you can hear what your bike will sound like.
Good luck with your choice.
Kroozeabout.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts
Old 02-11-2012, 09:17 AM
Navychief
Road Warrior

I put them on my '10 Ultra. I wasn't looking for the loud-pipe sound, just a little more rumble than stock, and these fit the bill just fine. I'm still running the stock air intake w/ a K&N filter and I haven't had any performance issues.

Old 02-11-2012, 10:07 AM
jjpish
Road Captain

I am using their Powerflex Header on my 11 EG Ultra. Really like the product, improved the sound and cut the heat. A very affordable solution to a big problem.

Old 02-11-2012, 10:34 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like mine. I have two sets of mid range baffles, both have several additional hose drilled in them. Sometimes i run without baffles.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:34 PM
TheMurf
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,657 Likes on 1,667 Posts
Smile American Custom Exhaust

Took a ride Friday 2-10-12 over to Fairfield Connecticut to check out American Custom . Talked to Mark Hansel. Mark is a very personable guy and he's a straight shooter. The shop is clean and the product is first rate. They modify the stock header, removing the cat. The mufflers and header pipe are Harley parts, so the fit is factory. They started up an 09' for me to hear and it sounded really throaty with a deep rumble.Very Nice.. Mark said the mod lowers the temp coming off the header down to the 225 degree range. He gave a piece of the catalyst out of the stock header and when you see this crap first hand you can tell why the bike omits so much heat. I'm going to get the full set-up in March. You can beat the bang for the buck,the price is great. Around four hundred for the header and mufflers is well worth it.. Give Mark a call at 203-873-0241, he a great guy to talk with and answer all you questions. I can wait to get this done to my 012 Ultra,The gain in power plus the lower temps are well worth the cost.

Then I plan to give Howard a call and fix the front and rear suspension.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 888 Likes on 533 Posts

2011 Flhr with gutted cat out of original headpipe. I'm running the Bombers with the mid range baffles and love the sound, a tad louder than stock.

Old 02-11-2012, 02:34 PM
storm8732
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I just got mine a few weeks ago...I run without any addition baffle and love the tone...even with my cat intact it is loud enough. Great people to deal with. Great quality product. You wont be disappointed....and the price can't be beat.

Attached Thumbnails American Custom (exhaust)-road-king-001.jpg  
Old 02-11-2012, 04:22 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I too have their slip-on mufflers. The rest of my bike is stock. When I first got the slip-ons, I was amazed at the rumble and how loud they were with the CAT still in place. But I was having a problem with a lot more decel pop, and at the time, a drop in performance that I didn't realize.

So I ordered their mid-rumble baffles. When I got them, three things were very noticeable. First, the decel pop was gone! Second, the bike ran like a raped ape. I didn't realize that I'd lost any performance, and maybe I didn't. But I sure noticed an increase when I installed the baffles. And the third thing I noticed was how quiet the bike was now. Too quiet. Honda quiet.

So I pulled the baffles out and studied on it a bit. There were two rows of six 3/8" holes around the circumference of the baffles. So I grabbed the drill and added another set of six holes making the baffles with a total of 18 holes instead of the 12 it came with. I gained some noticeable sound, and an even deeper rumble, without a loss in power or creating any new decel pop.

I'm very happy with them now. And they look stock, so I get a lot of questions about them when I pull up somewhere.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: American Custom (exhaust)