Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Illumination Textile Pants

Old 12-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Krow
Do you mean you wear the rain suit over or instead of the TM pants?
I only wear the Tourmaster Venture pants when it's cold out. If I were in a situation where I ran into rain with them on, I would put the rain suit pants on over the Venture pants. I have not tried it so I hope they will fit over. Guess that's something I should do soon. Rain suit pants themselves would have no thermal protection. The rain suit jacket is big enough to go over my riding jacket

Old 12-08-2011, 04:56 AM
Mighty Nation
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

These britches be what you're looking for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTLoRbLaSBA

Old 12-08-2011, 08:01 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Originally Posted by Krow
Illumination Textile Pants with Switchback Technology

I've searched this and other forums for information on these pants but can't find any information except places advertising them for sale.

What is "Switchback Technology?" Does that just mean the panels zip off to leave mesh? Sounds great for hot weather. The HD site says they're designed to be worn over jeans/pants. With them stripped down to the mesh, how comfortable/uncomfortable are they in hot weather?

they have a "Zip-out, waterproof pants liner". If you have a waterproof jacket, will these suffice for rain gear? Or are they not that waterproof? Is the liner insulated? With the liner installed are they warm enough for cold weather riding? If so, I'd assume they'd be way too hot to wear with the waterproof lining in summer.

It looks like HD is saying these pants are good for all weather riding. Could somebody who has these give some sort of review on them?
These are not mc pants but i think they are great for rain and cold. Ive worn them down to 19 deg at 75 mph and they worked fine for keeping me warn and they are waterproof by design not a liner or treatment. Price is nice too.
http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/m...lls/32519.aspx

Old 12-08-2011, 10:51 AM
beansSG
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the illumination pants there pretty good. Only wore them once tho fall. Stiff of course tho. Can't commit on warm weather. I don't think there's panels that zip off. But there's vents. There's also a liner inside for cooler weather which do zip out.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:01 PM
Krow
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beansSG
I've got the illumination pants there pretty good. Only wore them once tho fall. Stiff of course tho. Can't commit on warm weather. I don't think there's panels that zip off. But there's vents. There's also a liner inside for cooler weather which do zip out.
Are they tight around the knees when on the bike? Do they "swish" like nylon when you walk?

Old 12-08-2011, 02:37 PM
beansSG
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It actually was fine on the bike. It was tougher getting my leg over lol! Didn't pay attention to any sounds they made I'll see if I can post some pics tonight or tomm.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:45 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

Check out Olympia, the make some of the best textile gear. I have the XMoto and its comfy to throw over a pair of shorts in the summer with the vents open and warm enough with liner and pants under neath for December riding. With full length leg zippers up the entire leg, you can put them on like chaps next to your bike in about 60seconds without removing boots. The also use 2000D Dupont Cordura which has a higher abrasion rating than 1.3mm leather and a breathable waterproof liner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC-hPt4lqhM

Last edited by fat_tony; 12-08-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:38 AM
Krow
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish HD had a half decent review of their overpants like the Olympia one. Moco charges big bucks but don't give enough on-line info on their products for you to be able to see what they look like or how they function. That's no problem for all the guys that live in an area where they have well-stocked dealers. Mine carries very little. When you ask details on an item not in stock they bring out their catalog and read the little paragraph there (same as what I've already read on line), are unable to offer additional info. The next nearest dealer, 2 hours away, is a bit better as far as stocked items go but no guarantees they'll have what you want in stock either. So most of the time I have to rely on the 'puter to for any info.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:21 AM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

I can't get anything locally. My local dealers seem to have surrendered the gear market to the big Internet mail order stores. They can't seem to compete with the big Internet mail order stores on price or selection. The exception is the HD dealer because they have their own house brand, although most of it is grossly overpriced and just relabeled stuff from mainstream manufacturers. I've bought pretty much all my gear in the last 3 years or so online with mostly satisfying results. Most online stores will help you with sizing issues and are good about exchanging although you have to pay return shipping with exchanges. I've found good good gear reviews on www.AdvRider.com and sometimes just with Google.

Last edited by fat_tony; 12-09-2011 at 11:24 AM.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:56 AM
thealaskan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're on a budget, tape some newspaper around your legs before you put your pants on.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Illumination Textile Pants