Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Twin Slash Slip-On Muffler Quiet Baffles?

Old 10-03-2011, 08:28 PM
rwt
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default V&H Twin Slash Slip-On Muffler Quiet Baffles?

I'm sure this has been discussed, but I'm not finding the info I'm looking for by searching. I recently purchased a 2007 FLHTC that appears to have a set of V&H twin slash slip-on mufflers (4" diameter round slash cut V&H slip-ons) installed. I like the sound of the bike with these mufflers, but it's just a bit loud for my taste. I'm thinking that the V&H baffle insert p/n 21892 is made for these pipes. My questions are: (1) What mod is required to install these? (2) How much effect do these inserts have on the sound of the mufflers (decibels & tone)? (3) Is there a better option than the V&H inserts?

I'm familiar with the effect the V&H quiet baffles have on the V&H straight shots, and am wondering if the V&H inserts have the same effect on the Twin Slash Slip-Ons. IMO, the quiet baffles certainly don't make the straight shots quiet, but eliminates the sharpness, & tinny sound to the exhaust while quieting them only slightly.

I'm looking to quite my pipes slightly, while eliminating the tinny sound and keeping a deep rumble.

Thanks for your help.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:49 PM
JRBass
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am running those slipons with the standard baffels and like the db but agree with the tingy sounds. If you do get an answer I would also be interested.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:32 PM
CT-Bagger
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to know too. I have twin slash ovals and they are pretty loud.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:23 AM
parkashard
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the twin slash rounds on my flhx when i bought it.I pulled the baffles out just to take a look at them and mine were not wrapped with anything.Maybe if you wrapped them it would get rid of that high tingy sound .I thought about this after i bought other slip ons .I still have the v&h so i might give it a try over the winter.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:36 PM
rwt
Tourer

Somebody out there must have installed the Vance & Hines Quiet Inserts for 4" Rounds.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:23 PM
rwt
Tourer

Update: I contacted Vance & Hines and they told me that I have the original version of the Twin Slash Round Slip-On's. They also stated that they don't offer a quiet baffle that fits these pipes, and suggested that I contact Big City Thunder for some custom made baffles. I won't be paying the price for custom made baffles, so I guess my quest for a reasonably inexpensive solution to quiet these pipes comes to an end. I wish the rest who are seeking a low priced solution to quiet their pipes better luck.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:47 PM
CT-Bagger
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rwt
Update: I contacted Vance & Hines and they told me that I have the original version of the Twin Slash Round Slip-On's. They also stated that they don't offer a quiet baffle that fits these pipes, and suggested that I contact Big City Thunder for some custom made baffles. I won't be paying the price for custom made baffles, so I guess my quest for a reasonably inexpensive solution to quiet these pipes comes to an end. I wish the rest who are seeking a low priced solution to quiet their pipes better luck.
Change the slip ons to something else.
My Twin slash ovals do have a quiet baffle available.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:31 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,177 Likes on 2,448 Posts

Originally Posted by rwt
did they tell you how to tell the difference between the old style and the new style? i have a 2-1, don't know if it's the new or old style, and might be interested in the quiet baffle

Old 10-04-2011, 08:55 PM
SteveO
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look at the Super Trapp FarShotz, awsome low end rumble, nice sound on the highway and you can hear your radio.... also......... unbelevable low end torque !!

Old 10-04-2011, 08:57 PM
rwt
Tourer

Skratch, they didn't really say. We arrived at that conclusion because the pipes were put on before the bike left the showroom in 2007. I guess that time frame made them the "Old Style". They don't look like the current pictures of the pipes on the V&H website. It looks to me like all of the new pipes have a 2nd piece that's smaller in diameter sticking out in the back of their pipe.

Here is a picture looking straight into the back of one of my pipes. View of my pipe from the back Hope this helps.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: V&H Twin Slash Slip-On Muffler Quiet Baffles?