Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whats the difference

Old 02-18-2011, 07:28 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default whats the difference

Looking at getting a heritage but want to know the difference between the heritage and the deluxe. Looked at two side by side and couldn't tell
Then again im slow.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:44 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 50 Posts

deluxe is a little lower, heritage comes with a few more things... but really it all comes down to what you really want. I guess the heritage was just more my style.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:16 PM
ardakota
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

heritage you have better handle bars bags bigger passenger seat and windshield while a deluxe you get basically a plain bike thats lowered. price tags are not too far off from one another. I know around where im from a used heritage dont stay at the dealer long.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Trey Hogger
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Besides the bags and windshield, the pipes are a bit different (Deluxe more like the Fatboy) and so are the turn signals. The Heritage has the flat classic style and I think the Deluxe has the bullet style. Heritage Classic comes with a passenger backrest. Deluxe has no backrest but usually comes with a luggage rack of some sort. Handlebars are different.
Check the 360 view of each on the HD website, differences pretty easy to see there.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:07 PM
BassCatcher
Grand HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

The Heritage is a lot faster.

Nah, I'm kidding.

As said, check out the Harley web site, you will get some great views of each.

Old 02-19-2011, 12:44 AM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only differance is 1 inch lower white walls and a better looking bike with a deluxe. Heritage you baby apes and bags

Old 02-19-2011, 01:21 AM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ardakota
heritage you have better handle bars bags bigger passenger seat and windshield while a deluxe you get basically a plain bike thats lowered. price tags are not too far off from one another. I know around where im from a used heritage dont stay at the dealer long.

The Deluxe handle bars are for me the most comfortable of the softails.

You'll save a couple hundred bucks with the heritage, because yo'll get the bags and windshield. For me two things that wont ever go on my bike, and the Tombstone tail light looks a lot better too

Old 02-19-2011, 02:11 AM
wildrooster
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take both for a spin and decide for me the deluxe just worked out better than any other at the shop

Old 02-19-2011, 03:48 AM
LTBiker
Tourer
Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

I found that the stock seat on the Deluxe had me a bit too far forward (@ 5'10"), whereas the Heritage was a noticeably better fit. And, as already noted, you get more for the $$ with the Heritage.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:49 AM
softone
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Softail has more options already on it. I had my heart set on a Deluxe till I realized I liked having a detach windshield, and wanted saddle bags. I'm tall so I could have gone either way but I think the Deluxe was a bit lower and more forward in the seat. I seemed to feel the road bumps more with the Deluxe. Depends on your needs/wants then do the math. They both go fast tho.

Last edited by softone; 02-19-2011 at 05:52 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: whats the difference