Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Drivers backrest

Old 12-24-2010, 11:21 AM
Diesel-Dawg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mvengineer
I ride solo almost all the time. I bought a Saddleman, semi rigid bag that fits perfectly in the passenger seat. It is also designed with a perfect backrest as well and very functional for helmets, jackets and side pockets. I think it was around $175.00 and therefore cost effevtive given its many uses. Good luck.
MVengineer, can you please show a picture or reference number on the bag you are talking about? What web site did you get it from also? I am looking for that exact thing. thanks

Old 12-24-2010, 11:22 AM
dw2169
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeppers, I put my nonadjustable backrest off my 08 Ultra on my new 11 TriGlide. Just had to drill a quarter in hole to bolt the brace to.

Old 12-24-2010, 09:51 PM
mvengineer
Advanced

Originally Posted by Diesel-Dawg
MVengineer, can you please show a picture or reference number on the bag you are talking about? What web site did you get it from also? I am looking for that exact thing. thanks
Here is the web site that provides all information needed. Good luck and Merry Christmas.

http://www.saddlemen.com/store/index...oducts_id=7299

Old 12-26-2010, 08:40 AM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That Sadlemen BR3400 bag is the one i got my wife for xmas to use on her xxx. Too much snow to ride but we did put it on (heated garage)and it seems to be just right for her to use as backrest.

Old 12-26-2010, 08:51 AM
veegee
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check Ebay. I got an SE detachable driver backrest a little cheaper than dealer.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:55 PM
CRBandit
Cruiser

I use a T-Bag that does the same thing. I have an older model of this bag. The difference from the older model I have to this newer one is the large main compartment flap only unzips half was down on mine (like photo below). I like how it now unzips all the way down if needed to get larger items in easier. Here is a link http://www.t-bags.com/detail.aspx?ID=3&SelectedCat=3 . This one is also slightly larger 2.13 cu ft to 1.96 cu ft (3,400 cu in).

Attached Thumbnails Drivers backrest-t-bag-1000dts.jpg  

Last edited by CRBandit; 12-26-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:05 PM
azbob09
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CRBandit
I use a T-Bag that does the same thing. I have an older model of this bag. The difference from the older model I have to this newer one is the large main compartment flap only unzips half was down on mine (like photo below). I like how it now unzips all the way down if needed to get larger items in easier. Here is a link http://www.t-bags.com/detail.aspx?ID=3&SelectedCat=3 . This one is also slightly larger 2.13 cu ft to 1.96 cu ft (3,400 cu in).
I got one last spring & really like it. Easy on/off & works well on either the TG or Ultra & is very comfortable for a back rest . A little pricey but I think worth it as we're still also using my old T-bag I got 10 years ago.

Old 12-27-2010, 06:24 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by CRBandit
I have one of those, nice bag. I use it when I'm the only one on a trip, does work pretty good as a back rest. I haven't had it on the Trike yet, I'm thinking it will fit with my HD adjustable backrest installed. The Triglide has more room in the back seat than my 06 Ultra which is what I have used the bag on in the past. Seems the tour-pak is set back a little farther on the Triglide.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:00 AM
azbob09
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by msocko3
I have one of those, nice bag. I use it when I'm the only one on a trip, does work pretty good as a back rest. I haven't had it on the Trike yet, I'm thinking it will fit with my HD adjustable backrest installed. The Triglide has more room in the back seat than my 06 Ultra which is what I have used the bag on in the past. Seems the tour-pak is set back a little farther on the Triglide.
I think you may find you wouldn't need the back rest either with the Tg. If you have it packed fairly full I think it works good on either bike for me.
Christine still uses her back rest on the Tg with the old T-bag but she's a lot smaller than me.
I guess you'll find out when all that snow melts & you get to try out all the cool mod's you've done this winter!

Old 12-27-2010, 04:29 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by azbob09
I guess you'll find out when all that snow melts & you get to try out all the cool mod's you've done this winter!
All I can say is come on spring!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Drivers backrest