Fuel Moto / Jackpot Mufflers USA's leader in EFI tuning and exhaust systems.

Jackpot Header Pipe, Dyno Tuned Mufflers Review

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 03:27 PM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jackpot Header Pipe, Dyno Tuned Mufflers Review

I am compelled to write this review of the Jackpot Headpipes and the Jackpot Dyno Tuned Mufflers. Before I get to that I need to start this review off by stating that I met Doc through these forums a few years ago when i was having issues getting my Street Glide to run properly. Doc was one of the few people that presented knowledge about how to tune using the SERT. He helped me finally get my SG run correctly but I had not used him as a tuner. I went through 3 different tuners before I met Doc, talked with several different folks on the forums and was in the process of learning how the SERT software worked because I was having issues with Decel popping and could not get a resolution. I eventually worked everything out of that bike and swore off ever making an adjustment again and if I did I swore only Doc would tune my bike.

I decided to purchase a 2011 Electra Glide Classic. I told my wife that I wouldn't tune anything - that at most I would put on slip-ons. That was before I found out there was a CAT in the headpipes. In the beginning I figured I could work through it - but here in Florida 300 plus degrees rising up under your leg gets super hot really quickly. I sent a note over to Doc about what I could do and he told me to take a look at the Jackpot headpipes.

I went to the FuelMoto website, looked over the combinations and sent Jamie several emails asking questions. Each email was met with a reply and Jamie told me to look at the Jackpot headpipe and Jackpot Dyno tuned muffler combination. I took a look and for my simple 96 inch motor it appeared that this combination would get me 14 more hp and 14 more pounds of torque. I must admit I was very skeptical at this point looking at the dyno charts posted on the website - but FuelMoto has a great reputation and Jamie and his staff were very friendly and customer oriented so I decided to take a chance.

The parts arrived in 2 shipments as I had to wait for the headpipes because they were on back order - but I still only waited a week for all of the parts to arrive. I also ordered the Arlen Ness Big Sucker stage 1 kit. Opening the box on the mufflers I was pleased, noticed that one core was smaller than the other - which is what I expected. When the headpipes arrived I was very pleased with them. I have installed a few sets of pipes in my day and I must say that these were the most precise, well welded set of pipes I have ever had my hands on. I installed everything within a couple of hours and everything went smoothly. The only issue I thought I had was that the headpipes didn't appear to go deep into the heads where the flanges were. After talking with one of Jamie's techs and going over it we determined that it was installed as expected. The only hiccup was that the bolts had about 2 threads showing - which is normal. There were no exhaust leaks.

I took the bike over to Doc's Performance Tuning in Mineola, Florida. As I promised myself before, this was the only person who was going to tune my bike. As I stated earlier he demonstrated an immense amount of knowledge to me that nobody else had been able to do from my previous experiences. I also have heard by word of mouth and seen many bikes get tuned from him so I was confident that he was the man for the job. He is about 100.00 more than most - but I wanted it done right and I don't want to fool around trying to do it myself this time and 100.00 is worth it to me. I took the bike up today and he tuned it for about 3.5 - 4.0 hours. I watched him go through all of the high ends and low ends and do the vtuning. He is very meticulious and precise, goes through all of the cells and doesn't skip or shortcut. Most of the time I snuck up to the window and he never saw me watching what he was doing - and I watched I saw first hand that he was following the tuning recipe that he preaches to the students he teaches.

Well after all that I suppose I should say this
1.) Jamie's claims are true about the increases in horsepower and torque
2.) Doc is the right man for the job
3.) My bike is smooth, gets up and goes - it runs and sounds bad ***...

I am posting the charts below:
My bike is a 2011 Electra Glide Classic
TTS Tuner
Arlen Ness Stage 1 Air Cleaner
Jackpot Headpipe
Jackpot Dyno Tuned Mufflers

Attached Thumbnails Jackpot Header Pipe, Dyno Tuned Mufflers Review-dyno-5th.jpg   Jackpot Header Pipe, Dyno Tuned Mufflers Review-dyno-6th.jpg   Jackpot Header Pipe, Dyno Tuned Mufflers Review-dyno-afr.jpg  
Old 11-15-2010, 01:20 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Thank you very much for the great feedback and support

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 11-27-2010, 11:22 AM
WoodyHD
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the review...you never know who's considering a very similar set-up (ME!) and when you've help them out by posting your experience. I have had my '11 FLTRX with the 103" PowerPak since September and, like you, told my wife that at most I'd add a set of slip-ons and be done. I've been looking around at all kinds and brands of exhaust (V&H, Bassani, Samson, and countless others) for a few weeks now. I am wanting something that looks fairly stock, as I actually like the looks of the pipes that came on the bike, just not the sound. When I finally stumbled on the Jackpot's, I was sold on their looks, just going to have to decide if I want the slash ups or downs. I was also impressed about the 2-1-2 headpipe and the powerband it helps produce. I'm just curious how neccessary it is to have a custom dyno-tune done if I select a combo they (Fuel Moto) have already dyno tuned and programmed into a tuner? Anyway, thanks again for the write up, and glad you're enjoying!

Old 11-29-2010, 10:50 AM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many people are extremely pleased with the FuelMoto combination pack. I just did not want an add on tuner and that was a personal preference not a reflection of any of the products.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:35 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Originally Posted by WoodyHD
. I'm just curious how neccessary it is to have a custom dyno-tune done if I select a combo they (Fuel Moto) have already dyno tuned and programmed into a tuner?
You will find our map for this setup to be very accurate, and we also offer unlimited map and tuning support as well

Old 11-29-2010, 05:42 PM
WoodyHD
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome, thanks!