Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynojet Power Vision, the future of Tuning is here!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 07:02 AM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jamie,
I would love to read the manual and/or load the pc software while waiting for this product to release. Any chance DynoJet will let you pass it along?

Old 11-10-2010, 09:07 AM
6023zub
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Dyno runs are going to show the same with Power Vision as with the PC-V, both products can provide a great tune.

The Power Vision will hold the entire map database, there are 6 "active" slots that are which allow users to easily switch between maps right on the touch screen. You cannot however change maps with the bike running.
Thanks, Jamie. You answered both my questions.

Buz

Old 11-10-2010, 09:24 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Originally Posted by Heatwave
Jamie,

I have SEPST. I have done alot of Smarttuning but still wanted more out of the bike. I was planning to move to TTS in Dec with tuning by JD's in Bethlehem Pa.

This new device at first blush seems like a far better approach. Here's a few ?s:
  • Do I give up anything that's available in MasterTune?
  • Can I view live AFRs in each cylinder while riding and mark the rpms/load I was at when viewing the screen?
  • Same question as above for knock retard?
  • When I make a change to a VE table while running, is that change immediately loaded to the ECU?
Lots more questions but handling these would be a great start. Since I'm on the verge of getting a dynotune, would that still be beneficial or is the dyno no longer necessary if you went to WB sensors?

Thanks
The Power Vision tuning tables are listed on our website www.fuelmotousa.com/powervision.htm and in the original post. You can view and log any ECM channel thru the PV display in real time including knock retard, if you are using the AT-100 with the wideband sensors you can view AFR in real time and when you enable Auto Tune Pro this will allow you to view/accept changes directly into the VE tables. However because we are reflashing the ECM we cannot make changes with the bike running. A calibration developed with the AT Pro will be very accurate but we are tuning to AFR only, a dyno tune gives you the ability to test which AFR makes the best power as well as all of the other parameters within the tune.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 11-10-2010, 09:32 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by SICKBAGGER
Ok Jamie read every bit of this I have the PCV with Auto Tune on a 08 Fly By Wire.
My questions are:
1. I can hook this up to my Auto Tune by the CAN connection nothing else needed?
2. Will we now be able to change the tach limit of 5K since I do not have a Stage 1 download?
3. No issue with the FBW if I have the Auto Tune connection to the Power Vision?
4. You mentioned one maybe further ahead if they have the PCV & AT to just add the LCD 200 why?
5. What am I missing?
6. Where the He!! is iclick did not see a post one? He must be off alone somewhere tickleing one of these jewels!!!
If you are using the AT-100 it will plug directly into the CAN port on the Power Vision display, you just will need a longer CAN cable to reach the unit. You have full control over the rev limiter and the tach will read correctly and there are no issues with drive by wire operation. My earlier comment on the LCD-200 referred to the users question that he would like to log with the Power Vision and apply the data to his PC III, the Power Vision is a completely different platform. There is more info on our website www.fuelmotousa.com/powervision.htm

Old 11-10-2010, 09:34 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by TickTock
Jamie,
I would love to read the manual and/or load the pc software while waiting for this product to release. Any chance DynoJet will let you pass it along?
They are currently working on the user manual and I will post it on our website when available. When Dynojet gives me the go ahead I will post the software as well.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Just saw this thread today. Man, I must have been dozing.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm thinking this is going to be leaps and bounds ahead of the PCV. On my winter to-do list now.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:54 PM
springer 03
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With the PCV if you extend the rev limiter the tach on the bike still stalls out @5200 rpm. Does this change that?

Old 11-10-2010, 07:10 PM
geargrinder
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by springer 03
With the PCV if you extend the rev limiter the tach on the bike still stalls out @5200 rpm. Does this change that?
This new system is not a piggyback that "tricks" the ECM, this reflashes the ECM, no piggy back, as if the MOCO programmed it directly from the factory, no tricks, so your answer is yes.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:08 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by springer 03
We are controlling the ECM with Power Vision and you can set the rev limiter in the calibration to the RPM you require and the tach will continue to read properly.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:14 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
Just saw this thread today. Man, I must have been dozing.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm thinking this is going to be leaps and bounds ahead of the PCV. On my winter to-do list now.
Both the PC-V and Power Vision are very capable products, each of them can provide a great tune, and each have individual features and benefits. It's really going to come down to the technical expertise of the end user and what they are willing to learn with both products

Quick Reply: Dynojet Power Vision, the future of Tuning is here!