Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Box - Dyna Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 09:21 PM
ArmyHOG
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Box - Dyna Low Rider

Brothers .... need help. Posted this in the newbie column but got no real help. Need to know how to open the battery box. I know ... I should have a manual but I don't. Just returned from Iraq and have not had time to get one. Bike clicks ... lights on ... but won't turn over. Seems to me to be a bad connection. However, can't figure out how to open the battery box.

Please help a brother out!

ArmyHOG!

Old 12-01-2004, 11:18 PM
sims5
Cruiser
Default RE: Battery Box - Dyna Low Rider

I'm also a newbie low rider owner (about a month). I got the manual out and all it says is that you have to remove the seat and this will give you access to the battery. Hope this helps.

Old 12-01-2004, 11:23 PM
ArmyHOG
4th Gear

Sims5 ... thanks so much for the reply! Now ... hate to ask this. But, how do you remove the seat?

Old 12-03-2004, 01:30 AM
robb315
Stage IV

Looking straight at the battery box, there is a bolt directly to the left about half way down and another bolt above it that screws up. Remove the one facing you first, then the one that screws up. This will release the battery tray.

Old 12-05-2004, 04:16 PM
Superglide Superguy
Advanced

OK. I don't feel so bad now. I had the same fricking problem. Finaly I got out the manual. By the way rob315 is spot on.

Old 03-29-2005, 01:33 PM
2upsbetter
3rd Gear

I seem to remeber a 1/2 or 7/16 in wrench needed to turn the a bolt on the left side of the battery box will lower whole box then pry off the front cover with your fingers easliy the seat comes off with a cross tip screw driver one screw at the end of the seat take off and the seat comes off easily may have a little trouble with the seat strap good luck Im loking forward to doing the same when I get back 32 more days. looking real hard at a Road king custom, but just may keep the Lowrider really like the ride hope this helps good luck with the seat and battery . Oh yeah one word of caution put the screw driver down before you attempt to take the seat off once you remove the screw. I put a scratch on mine after a few Dark heffe weissens(Great German beer ) I went to fiddle with it and put a small knick in it trying to take the seat off very small knick still hurt to see see it happen
good luck

Old 03-29-2005, 01:54 PM
fatbob98
4th Gear

asuming the dyna is a lowrider , you have to remove the seat. one screw at seats back. front of seat has tab so push down on seat and work backwords. theres a chrome cover on th top that comes ofrf, once done the rest is evident.. (advice), that top plate sits rett close to the hot lead, grind just a tad more spce for the battery post to clear, that plate can shift and kiss the post causing problems, fatbob98

Old 04-05-2005, 08:41 PM
pabl6751
Stage I

Hey there Army Hog,

Did you figure out the problem?

Patsy

Old 04-27-2005, 01:01 PM
pws
Stage I

Although the original message is old now, I had to deal with this this past weekend on my 2 week old LR!

You do NOT need to remove the seat.

There are two bolts to remove (1/2" wrench).

One is directly below the ignition switch and screws in from the bottum UP (toward the switch)

The other is directly below the head of the other one and screws into an ear on the "battery tray" through a frame bracket.

Once you get these two bolts out, the battery tray drops DOWN about 1-2". You can then remove the top cover and surround. The battery can then be lifted up and out (bottom first).

There's not much cable slack, but you can work with the battery now.

MY dead battery turned out to be a bad Voltage Regulator that the dealer replaced yesterday. I'm happy now, but I wasn't so this weekend!!