Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin Eagle slip on for 2010 street glide

Old 10-11-2009, 12:20 AM
sgl0226
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Screamin Eagle slip on for 2010 street glide

I just bought a 2010 street glide. My choices for slip ons are limited. I know the dealer can put on the Screamin Eagle slip on. My 08 RKC has rush slip ons that are 2.0. Can anyone give me an idea of how those two systems compare. I don't want to go louder than what the rush 2.0s sound. Vance and Hines is coming out with a slip on but not out yet.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:36 AM
ElectraEd
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sgl0226
I just bought a 2010 street glide. My choices for slip ons are limited. I know the dealer can put on the Screamin Eagle slip on. My 08 RKC has rush slip ons that are 2.0. Can anyone give me an idea of how those two systems compare. I don't want to go louder than what the rush 2.0s sound. Vance and Hines is coming out with a slip on but not out yet.
Got Vance and Hines on my new 2010 Ultra Limited. They sound and look great! Se pics in the thread I just posted.

Old 10-11-2009, 03:27 AM
LTBiker
Tourer
Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

I think the S/E and Rush are very close to being equal in sound output, even look alike. In fact, I've heard at one time or another that Rush made (still makes?) the S/E stuff for Harley, but don't know if that's a fact.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:19 AM
dontdropit
Stellar HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 118 Posts

I just just went through the same thing, my choices was narrowed down to Rush or SE's. I went with the SE's, they may not make as much noise but they have the EPA stamp on them. I figure that may be a + some day when we get pulled over when riding with my brother-in -law. He rides a Vrod with a crusher exhaust on it.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:54 AM
smokeygold
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Screamin Eagle for 2010 SG made by Super Trapp

The Screamin Eagle slip-on for the Street Glide is not like the Rush. It is made by Super Trapp and is EPA stamped. I have one on my 10 SG along with a breather and super tuner.
It sounds much better and gives the bike the kick in the pants that is needs. If you are looking for loud, this is not the answer! However, it has noticebly more growl to it.
I hope this helps.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:49 AM
sgl0226
Tourer

Thanks for the advice so far. I'm not looking for any louder than the rush 2.0. I think I may go with the screamin eagle, but I'm bumping this in hopes of getting a few more opinions since I want to call the dealer this afternoon and say yes or no on the slip ons. While I'm asking for opinions, stealth luggage rack or regular? I have a Kuryakin bag to put on the back (on rare occasions) and was wondering if the stealth rack is big enough to protect the bike.

Old 10-11-2009, 02:36 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I have the "Nightstick" and will be getting rid of it post-haste! It has not nearly the bark I need my Harley to have. What can I say? All my buddies have Thunderheaders. I get lost in the pack. Can't hear my own bike.

Riding alone it's just fine. In fact, no need for ear plugs with this pipe. You can ride all day and not have ringing ears from the pipe. It's surprisingly loud for an EPA pipe, but the sound does not travel far. The low-end bass notes are missing, which is what travels. Probably why it passes the EPA sound test (or whatever that standard is).

Old 10-11-2009, 03:09 PM
sgl0226
Tourer

I called the dealer and said go ahead with the screamin eagle slip on. Yesterday when we first talked about it, he said I wouldn't need to do any other changes, but today he seemed surprised when I said I didnt want to (couldn't afford to at the moment) do any tuning, mapping, or other performance changes. Any thoughts?

Old 10-11-2009, 03:28 PM
Big Pig
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sgl0226
I called the dealer and said go ahead with the screamin eagle slip on. Yesterday when we first talked about it, he said I wouldn't need to do any other changes, but today he seemed surprised when I said I didnt want to (couldn't afford to at the moment) do any tuning, mapping, or other performance changes. Any thoughts?

Might want to re-check with the dealer. I bought a 2010 SG on Friday and he said for the SE Nightstick, the D&D Fatcat, or the Thunderheader slip on (all have already released their new slip on for the 2-1) for the new '10 SG it required a MAP Download. I'd think he is right too, esp if you don't do a Stage 1 breather because the pipes already get alot hotter than other model years because of the CAT in the pipes on the '10s. Also I heard the SE and it wasn't much loader than stock to me. No way I'd buy it.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:01 PM
sgl0226
Tourer

Any idea what the MAP download might cost me?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Screamin Eagle slip on for 2010 street glide