Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VRODS

Old 06-02-2006, 11:14 PM
mcurry5
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VRODS

Are the Vrods going out of style ? They have barely any posts at all. Do people buy them ???? I wonder if Harley will continue to make if they arent selling.

Old 06-02-2006, 11:24 PM
but Ill try 2 try
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: VRODS

I've had this same thought before. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that like a middle aged man's crotch rocket. (Not really a rocket) It is stylish, the exposed frame is cool, and they have some cool paint schemes too. But it's a liquid cooled 1130 that couldn't catch a Jap 600. If they are selling then I need to shut up, but how can you venture into the radiator-high rpm world with something that's never going to compete with a 'busa 1300 and I think Kawasaki has a new 1400. Vrod wins on paint and profile though.

Old 06-02-2006, 11:27 PM
JonHanna
Road Master

I think most of them post on the VROD site. I forget what it is but there is alot of turbo, drag bikes and even a few land speed bikes going 200mph.

Old 06-02-2006, 11:29 PM
but Ill try 2 try
Road Warrior

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm a purist. A bike is either all vtwin big CC cruiser or a inline-4 rice burner. Not a mix of both. Personally, I like the ZX10, YZF, GSX, and CBR1000. The technology in those backs is a testament to human thought and perseverance. I just don't want to be bent over and scrunched up on a piece of plastic while I'm supposed to be out enjoying myself on a sunny day. Give me the big vtwin and loud pipes any day. I'll be adding the pipes and A/C in a week or so with my PCIII, and in a year or so when I've done the 95 or 98 inch I'm sure I'll have all the power I need.

Old 06-03-2006, 01:18 AM
kaduku
Road Captain

They post on VRodForums.com, I have a riding partner with a NightRod, and he gets hesistant when I ask him to ride with the local HOG runs. Speaking of V-Rods, owners of both Suzuki M190Rs and V-Rods freakin bash eachother on their forums, more with the M109R owners.

Old 06-03-2006, 02:39 AM
rrhemi
Tourer
Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts

I see quite a few of them out on the road in my area. I see more V rods than Victories.

Old 06-03-2006, 02:52 AM
mojo
Tourer

I see quite a few vrods on the shoe floor at the stealer but I rarely see any on the road. My stealer told me the dynas are by far there largest seller with touring bikes in second. I wouldn't be surprised if the vrod wasn't offered next year, I personally wouldnt miss it.

Old 06-03-2006, 03:54 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: but Ill try 2 try

I've had this same thought before. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that like a middle aged man's crotch rocket. (Not really a rocket) It is stylish, the exposed frame is cool, and they have some cool paint schemes too. But it's a liquid cooled 1130 that couldn't catch a Jap 600. If they are selling then I need to shut up, but how can you venture into the radiator-high rpm world with something that's never going to compete with a 'busa 1300 and I think Kawasaki has a new 1400. Vrod wins on paint and profile though.
Apples to oranges. A VRod isn't trying to compete with a Busa or Gixer. It's competing with a Kawasaki Mean Streak or Yamaha Warrior...and in that arena, the Rod is kicking ***. The Warrior and Mean Streak have almost twice the displacement as the Rod and couldn't keep up if they tried.

That said...the new Suzuk M109 is really cool. Saw one in person for the first time the other day, and I have to admit...I was really impressed. If any bike is a direct competitor to the Rod, this is the bike.

Todd

Old 06-03-2006, 05:40 AM
iwant1
Tourer

ORIGINAL: veniculum

Apples to oranges. A VRod isn't trying to compete with a Busa or Gixer. It's competing with a Kawasaki Mean Streak or Yamaha Warrior...and in that arena, the Rod is kicking ***. The Warrior and Mean Streak have almost twice the displacement as the Rod and couldn't keep up if they tried.

That said...the new Suzuk M109 is really cool. Saw one in person for the first time the other day, and I have to admit...I was really impressed. If any bike is a direct competitor to the Rod, this is the bike.

Todd

No offence but what a V-rod RIPOFF. It must be really annoying designing a bike only to have it cloned by a competitor...

[IMG]local://upfiles/6224/20A11812D6AD40598A51862345944B23.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6224/658A50816F594EE08D1471CA76A6DD2F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-03-2006, 01:27 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: iwant1

ORIGINAL: veniculum

Todd

No offence but what a V-rod RIPOFF. It must be really annoying designing a bike only to have it cloned by a competitor...

[IMG]local://upfiles/6224/20A11812D6AD40598A51862345944B23.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6224/658A50816F594EE08D1471CA76A6DD2F.jpg[/IMG]

Dude...I'll agree that it is sort of a ripoff... but every single cruiser out of Japan is a harley ripoff...if you haven't noticed that already. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Todd

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: VRODS