Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

New Stuff from Motorcycle Metal/Öhlins XR 1200 inverted front end.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 11:53 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 440 Likes on 246 Posts
Default New Stuff from Motorcycle Metal/Öhlins XR 1200 inverted front end.

After looking at your suspension (XR 1200), I figured that the front end needed some help, I bought a brand new set of XR 1200 forks and thought that HD robbed me, This thing is the same as a 2002 ~ 2005 dresser. I was surprised! I guess that HD needed a more lucrative profit margin so they designed this Look-A-Like inverted front end. Shame!

In one weeks time I will provide information on a drop in system that is adjustable. This will be our first offering done in stages as we Get-Er-Done. Pricing will be under $1K USD. Of course they are Öhlins. I do not have anything to do with this one. It will have external adjustments.

The second stage is the viability of offering a drop-in Öhlins Road and Track. The problem lies in machining in compression external valving. We can do this with no problem. Öhlins’s position on this is that they do not think it a good idea as the end user (you) would not like to send in your forks and have your bike on a jack. I guess that instant gratification thing.

For me to include lower billet fork ends (feet, lug, axle clamps, take your choice) ($850) + fork tubes ($300 + $300 for DLC or $200 Titanium nitride {TiN}), well, you can see where I am going with this. Of course we would have the opportunity to throw on some radial mounted 100 mm or 108 mm calipers with adjustable 300 mm rotors or 320 mm rotors. The drop-ins from Öhlins are $1,750 complete for other sport bikes currently. The lower external compression is the problem.

The third option is a set of Öhlins Road & Track forks that will fit into you set of trees. These will be XR 1200 specific and not a universal. More on that in the very near future.

I hope with all of my heart that we can develop components that will help you be faster while providing a ride like a dresser for you old but not admitting it you are old members.

BTW this set of forks will work on Dyna’s and other Sportsters (as long as you use) with the XR 1200 set of trees.