Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clearview Shield ?

Old 08-09-2008, 10:39 AM
rrsjs5
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clearview Shield ?

I had a 9" shield on the RG (not Clearview) just to much wind! Put the stocker back on,I had forgotten just how crappy the thing is!! My question is..is the Clearview totally clear even if your line of sight is right at the top edge? Is there any distortation at all? The stock 12 1/2" is right in my line of sight,I want to go with the 11 1/2" Clearview,so if I'm looking down a bit,wil there be distortation on the Clearview?

Old 08-09-2008, 12:14 PM
vette
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up

I have a 9.5 clearview and there is no distortion at all

Old 08-09-2008, 01:21 PM
mduggan
Cruiser

I have the 1" over stock clearview. I remember the distortion at the top of the stock shield. It's just not there with the clearview. BTW, I went 1" over stock thinking that the shield needed to be taller to end the buffetting problem on my 08 Road Glide, if I ever need to replace it, I'll go with the stock height. The air bubble behind the clearview is much bigger.

Old 08-09-2008, 04:14 PM
ragtyme
Tourer
Default Clearview & buffeting

I have a Clearview coming for my RG and ordered the vent. I have a Rifle with vent now and it completely eliminated the buffeting.
I like the look of the Clearview with turned up tip.

Attached Thumbnails Clearview Shield ?-clearview-vent.jpg   Clearview Shield ?-clearview-windscreen.jpg  
Old 08-09-2008, 04:33 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a clearview medium which is 1" over stock. It is very easy to see through. I also like that it is thicker so it doesn't vibrate as much. It is also 1" wider on each side.

NOTEW, my wide glide bars hit on it. Since I changed to Khrome Werks sweepers, they don't hit anymore.

Old 08-09-2008, 05:55 PM
mrjharley
Cruiser

New to Road Glide ownership, like the looks of the clearview. Where do I pick one up?

Old 08-09-2008, 05:58 PM
ragtyme
Tourer
Old 08-09-2008, 06:29 PM
rrsjs5
Road Captain

Originally Posted by sifularson
I have a clearview medium which is 1" over stock. It is very easy to see through. I also like that it is thicker so it doesn't vibrate as much. It is also 1" wider on each side.

NOTEW, my wide glide bars hit on it. Since I changed to Khrome Werks sweepers, they don't hit anymore.
..do the mirror's hit on the 07's with stock bar's? Clearview website say's they will on 08's,no mention on 07's.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:25 PM
heywood727
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with the CV GT large (2" higher and wider than stock). I look over it by 2". Great windshield IMHO.

I'm 6'1 with a 34 inseam for comparison. Perfect windshield for me on my 08 RG.

If you order a windshield from John at CV, as long as you do not remove the 3M film that is on it, you can try it and if it doesn't work , you can send it back for one that will.

You may have to wait for a new one, but you could see if they have a blemished one. From what I've heard, people haven't been able to see anything wrong with them and they do not have to wait too long to get it.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:45 PM
littlebear
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Went with the stock height on my clearview, I feel no wind other than what i consider normal...like mine alot

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clearview Shield ?