Night Train Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 02:21 PM
Green Hornet
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats not fair mid. isnt your canadian money worth more than ours now? as far as im concerned your rich and can afford to mod all day! lmao

Old 08-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Midgard
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanx train gang...

Hornet - our dollar has been playing catch up for years - you have a massive head start lol

So now that I am only running 1 throttle cable, I have what feels like a 1/4 turn of slack in the throttle (it's actually 1/8th of a turn) but its quiet a bit.

Can I eliminate this? If not I guess I can live with it. But.. my bike has also stalled on me twice now. Once at idle at a red light, and other while on the throttle it sputtered then hooked up for a second and then seemed like it was starving for gas and died/stalled - both times it didnt want to fire right back up, I actually had to give it some throttle as I hit the ignition.

Any help here would be really appreciated.

Old 08-18-2012, 05:26 PM
JesseLee07
Intermediate
Received 43 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey mid, I have the same problem every now and then. When I consulted a tech about it, he said its something with the fuel injection and the computer mapping. When it all heats up it acts funny. Mine stalled on me twice and both times was on a long leg of a run and when I came to the light it came down like it always does and just dropped right out. Both legs were over 100 miles each and during the summer. Then it took quite a bit of throttle to get it fired up. However, since I went s/e heavy breather, pipes and super tuner, it has not done it since. I would venture to say the tuner fixed it more than anything. Just my take on it.

Btw, does anyone know if outlaws come in a 17" or 18" application? If not what's the tallest?

Old 08-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Midgard
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by JesseLee07
Hey mid, I have the same problem every now and then. When I consulted a tech about it, he said its something with the fuel injection and the computer mapping. When it all heats up it acts funny. Mine stalled on me twice and both times was on a long leg of a run and when I came to the light it came down like it always does and just dropped right out. Both legs were over 100 miles each and during the summer. Then it took quite a bit of throttle to get it fired up. However, since I went s/e heavy breather, pipes and super tuner, it has not done it since. I would venture to say the tuner fixed it more than anything. Just my take on it.

Btw, does anyone know if outlaws come in a 17" or 18" application? If not what's the tallest?
Thnx for the input Jesse - the 1st time it did it at the light it was fckin hot as hell out here (hottest day of the year yesterday) But then last night is when it did it when I got on the gas- and it was much cooler at that point?

I believe the tallest they come is 14"s (I was looking for taller as well) But.. I have to say these 14's are perfect when ran sraight up an down - I am 6ft. tall and it puts my hands just above my shoulders.

I remember Ash16 telling me the outlawz will be taller then I expected and he was right. (ps; I am running 1.5" risers)

Last edited by Midgard; 08-18-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:10 PM
JesseLee07
Intermediate
Received 43 Likes on 6 Posts

Cool, yeah could be e gas too. I know some stations by me like no name stations have a lot of air in their gas. I always run Sunoco ultra 93 but if I have to go elsewhere I always run super. It also depends on the amount you ride. Fuel is only good for 30 days so if it will take you longer to run that fuel through than dash a bit of sta-bil in there. I have been riding for far too many years and I know that sometimes intentions are good but then you get backed up, weather sucks, shoot for a mod and it takes longer than expected and before you know it you have 2 month old fuel, so I buy the small bottle of of sta-bil and row it in my bag and usually drop 1/2 to an ounce in every time I fuel up. I wouldn't use any kind of alcohol based thing that promotes cleaning up injectors or such because even though they say it won't deteriorate seals, it's the alcohol that's doing the cleaning! Super unleaded gasoline has enough detergents in it to keep things clean. It helps having an old 76 Trans am and a gear head next door to chat with!

Old 08-19-2012, 02:24 PM
razorback84
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Going down memory lane. Thought I would bring you guys along for the ride.

Day I brought it home
Name:  DSC00001.jpg
Views: 1012
Size:  74.6 KB

Making progress
Name:  DSC01350.jpg
Views: 1032
Size:  54.4 KB

Pipes (thanks nate)
Name:  DSC01419.jpg
Views: 1070
Size:  48.9 KB

Shotgun and Apes
Name:  IMG_0636.jpg
Views: 1412
Size:  64.4 KB

Cross country (with my parrot, Worst trip ever)
Name:  DSC01673.jpg
Views: 999
Size:  39.7 KB

So now that memory lane is over with. Had the wheels and tires dropped off yesterday to be mounted for the Lux. Keep up the good work in here guys. Also I've been really starting to get serious with the idea of restoring that old shovel that is sitting in the garage.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:02 AM
Green Hornet
Road Master

Razor - thats a sweet transformation you gave it!

Old 08-23-2012, 01:06 PM
Ash16
Outstanding HDF Member

Damn it's quiet in here! I have to say that my new Shotgun Shock is light years better than my old one. The old one had about two sweet spots. I think that it was just worn out. My new one is much more forgiving. It is pretty much good all the way to the stops. The new compressor is great. It airs up faster and is actually able to work while riding 2 up. With my old one I had to make adjustments while parked and off the bike. Here's a pic for the pic thread. I would post a pic of the bike but it looks the same.

2012-08-14_15-35-30_934-1.jpg?t=1344979640

Old 08-23-2012, 03:51 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<yawn> who's posting so loud?? Can't you see we're all sleeping??

Old 08-23-2012, 03:55 PM
tf22
Novice

What's up fellas....I'm thinking about new wheels, so....what is needed for a 23 inch front wheel on 08 train? Are raked trees needed? (I think Story has 3 degrees plus lowered front end) Any info with what works would be appreciated. Also thanks for all the help and ideas along the way. Real nice bikes in here.

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures