Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Man Harley Corporate customer service is a joke.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 05:30 PM
Purplesky
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Man Harley Corporate customer service is a joke.

I called them today to discuss the really loud compensator rattle on my 2012 Roadking that has already been documented with a case number and the dealer attempted to fix the issue in June.

The customer service rep gives me the old "Its just the engine breaking in crap and it will go away".

He asked me if I have ever heard an old big block Chevy because they make all kinds of noise.

So the dealer in May heard the rattle and ESTABILISHED THE BIKE HAS A PROBLEM AND ATTEMPTED TO FIX IT IN JUNE.
The rattle is back and louder than ever.

The dealer is going to look at it again and thats cool. Hope they find the problem.

I cant believe a Harley customer service rep would tell a customer with an estabilished problem that required WARRANTY WORK JUST A FEW MONTHS AGO THAT THE REALLY LOUD RATTLE THE SERVICE MANAGER AT THE DEALER HEARD AND SAID IS A PROBLEM "IS JUST YOUR $19,000 ROADKING BREAKING IN."

Sorry man but HD owners deserve more respect than this.

Thank you customer for buying one of our 19k bikes and sorry for your issues with the bike would have been nice to hear FROM A HARLEY CORPORATE SERVICE REP..

The main purpose of my call to corporate was to reconfirm the existing case number and to confirm that once the warranty expires any estabilished unresolved issues would be covered by HD.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:39 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

Dunno man, my few experiences have been satisfactory. Try dealing with a hospital, or an insurance company these days.....now that is a nightmare!

Old 10-05-2012, 07:16 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

No mfg will commit to "future" issues that may develop. If problem happens it would be reviewed at that time and a policy adjustment might be possible based on history, customer loyalty and maint history.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:32 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Man, don't sweat the small stuff. Ride that thing until it blows up, then get it fixed. You've got two years of warranty, and, before it expires you can add an Extended Service Plan if you think you may need it.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:37 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Ride it like their paying to fix it!

Old 10-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Glockmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I plan to ride mine into the ground before the ESP expires. I hope mine does need a new engine about 6 months before, I'll get a 120r if it does. Just keep service records till then.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:48 PM
PghCycle24
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

By the compensator rattle I'm guessing that you mean the rattle that goes away when you pull the clutch in? My '12 RGU has it, much nore noticable when the engine is hot. My buddy's '09 EG 96ci has the exact same rattle and has for as long as he's had the bike-now at 46K miles.

I was under the impression that's a "normal noise" for this engine, although my '08 FLHTP 103 doesn't have it. Hmm...

Subscribed

Old 10-05-2012, 09:04 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Man Harley Corporate customer service is a joke.

It never made me laugh.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Purplesky
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
Man, don't sweat the small stuff. Ride that thing until it blows up, then get it fixed. You've got two years of warranty, and, before it expires you can add an Extended Service Plan if you think you may need it.
I bought the bike last August so I am under 1 year left on my factory warranty.

The thing that sucks is this rattle is not small stuff since it is louder than the engine and once it starts it doesn't go away.

If I keep this bike an extended warranty will be a must with the bad luck I have had with it.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:32 PM
btsom
Grand HDF Member
Received 629 Likes on 455 Posts

Just an observation, the factory guy has never heard YOUR bike and has no idea how much above normal your noise is, while the local dealer guy HAS heard it. Harleys are noisy, but there is an upper limit to "normal" noise. I would be confident the factory guy has this concept down pretty well, but again has never heard your machine.

Quick Reply: Man Harley Corporate customer service is a joke.