Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RF PBR300x2

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 08:17 PM
mgordyan
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedDogNC
Thanks for the heads up. I was waiting for someone on EBAY to start selling them. Just ordered one for the wife's SG. She'll be very happy. I am running the J&M ROKKER (Arc Mini) and the RFs specs are better for nearly half the cost. Hope it is as good as advertised.
No problem, I've been checking everyday!! I sure hope that it works as advertised also. I'll let the forum know how it goes. Hopefully installing Friday if all goes as planned.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:19 PM
blockzilla
Cruiser

bought mine from the same guy earlier today ...

Old 03-03-2012, 09:18 PM
NC_John
Intermediate

Just bought one. I'm going to pull my four-channel and put it in my truck and run four speakers on the bike bridged at 2 ohm to really bump up the power.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:24 PM
yellowted
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

sorry guys, just logged off my paypal account. bought the last one. now i need to start to figure out what speakers i am going to want to pair with this amp. any thoughts on the 7.25 j&m rokkers?? i know they are 2ohm spec'd speakers and this amp is capable. i almost would prefer to run the amp at 4ohms to keep it as cool as it wants to be. the amp is a good step in the right direction.

andrew

Old 03-04-2012, 09:03 PM
redrubicon2004
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RedDogNC
Thanks for the heads up. I was waiting for someone on EBAY to start selling them. Just ordered one for the wife's SG. She'll be very happy. I am running the J&M ROKKER (Arc Mini) and the RFs specs are better for nearly half the cost. Hope it is as good as advertised.
I just got rid of my RF, I didnt like it. It sounded good for the first 10min, then it got hot and started to sound like crap. Got way too hot! Arc is the way to go for in the fairing amps.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:17 PM
mgordyan
Cruiser

Originally Posted by redrubicon2004
I just got rid of my RF, I didnt like it. It sounded good for the first 10min, then it got hot and started to sound like crap. Got way too hot! Arc is the way to go for in the fairing amps.
sounds like you had the 300x4. What speakers where you running? 2 or 4 ohm? They also had problems with the early verizons overheating. Maybe u had one of those.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:37 PM
gearedforacure
Cruiser

Originally Posted by yellowted
sorry guys, just logged off my paypal account. bought the last one. now i need to start to figure out what speakers i am going to want to pair with this amp. any thoughts on the 7.25 j&m rokkers?? i know they are 2ohm spec'd speakers and this amp is capable. i almost would prefer to run the amp at 4ohms to keep it as cool as it wants to be. the amp is a good step in the right direction.

andrew
4 ohm is the way to go...this amp does something like 100 or 110 watts rms at 4 ohms. When you go to 2 ohms you get more power, but you also increase distortion. Forget "bike specific" speakers. Go to a car audio shop and have a listen.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:43 PM
HDFFR
Advanced

Originally Posted by yellowted

andrew

I must have gotten the one before you , should be at my door by Weds. Now what 6.5" / 4ohm speaker will work with this amp??? May go with RF slimline or Polks , anyone with suggestions ???? Chris

Old 03-04-2012, 09:56 PM
mgordyan
Cruiser

Originally Posted by HDFFR
I must have gotten the one before you , should be at my door by Weds. Now what 6.5" / 4ohm speaker will work with this amp??? May go with RF slimline or Polks , anyone with suggestions ???? Chris
I'm going with the Hertz

Old 03-04-2012, 10:02 PM
redrubicon2004
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mgordyan
sounds like you had the 300x4. What speakers where you running? 2 or 4 ohm? They also had problems with the early verizons overheating. Maybe u had one of those.
I was running Hertz 6.5, the Biketronics version......I am actually selling them to go with a high end component set.

My amp and speakers have 2 months of use. They were both bought in late August of last year. I doubt they were early versions. My problem is that I just want more.

Quick Reply: RF PBR300x2