Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"PBR300x2 Installed not impressed at first, now IMPRESSED"

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 02:19 PM
mgordyan
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Copyless
Maybe I'm reading something wrong, but if you wrote this correctly, and your filter is set to HP, then that is your problem, it should be set to AP, which is in the center.
I don't think that is the problem. HP and AP has nothing to due with RCA's input. HP you can adjust the crossover and AP you cant. But.I will try it.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:28 PM
mgordyan
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BlackPearl#1
Wires, battery and light indicator. I guess if ya needed a battery then by all means replace it. And for sure what iclick says about wire gauge, bigger than what is required certainly wont hurt. And if it is set to HP you will for the most part get tweeter only type of noise. I did that the first time and was very let down, swithed to AP or all pass and was blown away. Would be great if that is all ya gotta do to fix it.
I will try that when I get home. I hope so too!! If not I'm taking if out, back to stock and selling everything. For the amount of money spent I'm not happy with it. I'll put it towards engine mods.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:42 PM
RedDogNC
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mgordyan
I don't think that is the problem. HP and AP has nothing to due with RCA's input. HP you can adjust the crossover and AP you cant. But.I will try it.
Umm yes it does. AP means the entire signal will go through whether it is RCA or line level. HP means only the Highs will go through and using the crossover you can adjust the cut off. LP is Low Pass and now it is working like a bass amp and again you use the crossover to adjust the cut off. If you have it on HP or LP you aren't getting the full signal.

Last edited by RedDogNC; 03-14-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:47 PM
mgordyan
Cruiser

Originally Posted by RedDogNC
Umm yes it does. AP means the entire signal will go through whether it is RCA or line level. HP means only the Highs will go through and using the crossover you can adjust the cut off. LP is Low Pass and now it is working like a bass amp and again you use the crossover to adjust the cut off. If you have it on HP or LP you are getting the full signal.
I will try it. I was so frustrated last night, now sitting at work all day, its all I can think about.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:49 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 230 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by RedDogNC
Umm yes it does. AP means the entire signal will go through whether it is RCA or line level. HP means only the Highs will go through and using the crossover you can adjust the cut off. LP is Low Pass and now it is working like a bass amp and again you use the crossover to adjust the cut off. If you have it on HP or LP you are getting the full signal.
I think you meant to type "aren't" getting the full signal at the end.

Zach

Old 03-14-2012, 03:16 PM
RedDogNC
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggzed
I think you meant to type "aren't" getting the full signal at the end.

Zach
Damn I am usually more careful than that! Thanks!

Old 03-14-2012, 05:56 PM
mgordyan
Cruiser

Man, I wish I had someone close with this set up so I could hear it because I think something is wrong with this thing....

Old 03-14-2012, 07:28 PM
blockzilla
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Copyless
Maybe I'm reading something wrong, but if you wrote this correctly, and your filter is set to HP, then that is your problem, it should be set to AP, which is in the center.

the techs at Rockford-Fosgate said on this particular amp , for a better sound , and adjustability ,always set the frequency on this unit on HIGH Pass (NOT ALL PASS ) , and adjust it down until the desired bass is achieved ....

Last edited by blockzilla; 03-14-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Nozzleman 216
Tourer

Originally Posted by blockzilla
the techs at Rockford-Fosgate said on this particular amp , for a better sound , and adjustability ,always set the frequency on this unit on HIGH Pass (NOT ALL PASS ) , and adjust it down until the desired bass is achieved ....
Good looking out. I can't remember if it was you or someone else, but someone posted in another thread how to set this amp or the 4ch up.

There HAS to be something wrong. I had the the Hertz with the stock HK and an ARC amp and it was so nice! There is no way this amp is that different.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:44 PM
mgordyan
Cruiser

Ok, was on the phone with them for an hour. They say without hearing it they don't know if something is wrong or not. I have the gain on 10. Going 70 mph, is no better then stock stereo turn all the way up. Sitting in garage sure its clearer sounding.

So, either I have a bad amp, bad speakers or something else.
How much do you guys turn it up to hear when riding?
The only other thing I was thinking is ordering some Polk MM651's and seeing how those sound. 2ohm, 94db compaired to 4ohm, 92db.

Thoughts. Please let me know to if you have a 2 speaker set up or 4...

Quick Reply: "PBR300x2 Installed not impressed at first, now IMPRESSED"