Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help, won't start, stumped

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 03:07 PM
apxpred
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need help, won't start, stumped

'12 RK been sitting for a few months. Battery tender went TU at some point so battery was low. Battery charged now & all that happens is all 4 turn signals flash when the ignition is turned on & the start button is dead for a better explanation. Horn works, batteries in the fobs have been replaced. I could use some help figuring this out, any insight welcomed.

Thanks, Paul

Old 04-04-2015, 03:57 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

Are the batteries in the fobs right side up?

Old 04-04-2015, 04:05 PM
KszyGC
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by apxpred
'12 RK been sitting for a few months. Battery tender went TU at some point so battery was low. Battery charged now & all that happens is all 4 turn signals flash when the ignition is turned on & the start button is dead for a better explanation. Horn works, batteries in the fobs have been replaced. I could use some help figuring this out, any insight welcomed.

Thanks, Paul
It does sound like the security system is not disarming in the presence of the key fob. The batteries may still be the problem, like Oldenuf suggests? Can you use your pin for the security system? This are the details of how the system reacts if it is not disarming.

Warnings

Once armed, if the motorcycle is moved or lifted up off of its jiffy stand and the fob is not present, the alarm will warn the operator with three alternate flashes of the turn signals and a chirp of the optional siren.

Within four seconds, if the motorcycle is back on its jiffy stand and no further motion is detected and/or the ignition is turned to OFF, the system will remain armed without activating the alarm.

If the motorcycle motion continues, the system will issue a second warning four seconds after the first.

NOTE:
During warnings and alarms, the starter motor and the ignition circuits are disabled.

The Alarm

If the security system is still detecting motion and/or if the ignition has not been turned back to OFF after a second warning, the system will activate the alarm.

When activated, the security system will:

Alternately flash the four turn signals.
Sound the optional siren.
Duration: The alarm will stop within 30 seconds and if no motion is detected, the alarm will not restart.

However, if motorcycle motion continues the system will repeat the 30 second alarm and recheck for motion. The alarm will repeat this 30 second alarm cycle for five minutes (10 cycles) or until the alarm is deactivated.

NOTE:
The alarm will also activate the LED, vibration or audible modes of a Harley-Davidson Security Pager. A pager can operate either in silent or in combination with an optional siren. The range of a pager can be up to 0.5 mi 0.8 km . See a Harley-Davidson dealer for details.

Last edited by KszyGC; 04-04-2015 at 04:25 PM.
Old 04-04-2015, 04:06 PM
StormanNorman
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Double check the FOB batteries. You can reboot system by cycling the ignition switch 3 times. It might work but you just may have to reset the code with the same or a new one. I believe dealers use the last 5 digits of the VIN as the code.

To access the display simply turn the neck switch on and QUICKLY and I mean quickly depress and hold both turn signal switches until you see the # 1 blinking in the speedo display. It is asking you to enter your code. Once its entered you can change it but like I said you must have the code to change it.

You can also bypass the fob IF you know the security code.

DO NOT sit on seat, lift bike off kick stand, or anything else that will activate the security mode!

Turn IGN to IGNITION.

Quickly (within 2 seconds) hold BOTH turn signal switches until confirmation signal (KEY icon flashes at fast rate, in odometer window, a flashing "-" will be followed by 4 more dashes = "----")

Enter 1st digit (a) in PIN by pressing LEFT turn signal switch (a) times (i.e., 5 times for the number 5)
The 1st "-" will become the 1st digit (i.e., "5")

Press RIGHT switch signal 1 TIME.
The 1st digit is stored and the dash will flash.

Enter 2nd digit (b), and repeat sequence until done.

After the 5th digit is entered, the KEY icon stops blinking, and the system is disarmed.

The system will stay off until the IGN switch is turned off.

If at any time during disarming sequence an error is made, wait 2 minutes before trying again.

Old 04-04-2015, 04:30 PM
apxpred
Cruiser

Thanks all ! Appreciate the help, I'll keep you informed.

Old 04-04-2015, 05:08 PM
apxpred
Cruiser

Got it, had to reset the code. Thanks All !