Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PBR300x2

Old 06-11-2012, 08:21 AM
bmb
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People assume HiPass is like crossing over tweeters. Its not. The HP setting on the RF amp is just cutting out below 80hz. No speaker other than a sub will really reproduce anythang below that well anyways. I ran mine in AP for few wks switched to HP much cleaner and more clear sound.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Bobber Jake
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, I still have mine on AP right now but I set the radio to not kick out anything under 80 khz so it is the same, and it sounds awesome and no more clipping.....

And I just used trim tape to hold the amp for now, I am doing a complete tear down this winter so I will make mounting brackets then and get everything locked down.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:11 AM
CHILLLS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cabowabodude
Chills,
I don't get why you want to take away all the bass in the tunes? I tried placing the amp in High Pass and it sounded like the music was in a tunnel. I must be missing something. I am running Polk Audio MM651. They seem to put out some decent bass.

Mark
that is what was suggested to me buy some other forum members & also the owner of the stereo shop where i got all my stuff so i tried them both & for the RF speakers i have & running the stock HK unit its sounds the best to me that way. but i always have mine just about full volume when i ride. after my install i stopped buy the stereo shop to let the owner listen to it & he said he was really impressed with it. he also said the dont really do motorcycles there but after hearing mine he was going to start to push towards them.

its all personal preference, its all good we all like loud music