Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D Fatcat vs Bassani Road Rage vs Dragos Dragula

Old 08-13-2012, 06:24 AM
HDTimFLHX
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default D&D Fatcat vs Bassani Road Rage vs Dragos Dragula

I'm pulling the trigger on a 2 into 1 pipe today or tomorrow. I'm going with the Tmax w/ Auto tune and a SE Heavy breather intake. I also plan on doing a cam in a year or so. Now I just need to pick a pipe. I was set on the Fatcat and I know that seems to be a popular choice here. I also know that tre Dragula is also pretty popular. I havn't seen too many people talking about the Bassani pipe but I really like how it sweeps down under the "6 speed" cover so you can still see it. Is there really going to be that big of a differance between any of these? I belive the Dragula is the only one that is ceramic coating inside and out so I'm thinking that it would reduce the most heat to my leg. What do you guys think , am I making a bigger deal out of this than it really should be? I just want to make sure that my money is well spent.

Thanks in advance...

Old 08-13-2012, 07:02 AM
firefighter156
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by HDTimFLHX
I'm pulling the trigger on a 2 into 1 pipe today or tomorrow. I'm going with the Tmax w/ Auto tune and a SE Heavy breather intake. I also plan on doing a cam in a year or so. Now I just need to pick a pipe. I was set on the Fatcat and I know that seems to be a popular choice here. I also know that tre Dragula is also pretty popular. I havn't seen too many people talking about the Bassani pipe but I really like how it sweeps down under the "6 speed" cover so you can still see it. Is there really going to be that big of a differance between any of these? I belive the Dragula is the only one that is ceramic coating inside and out so I'm thinking that it would reduce the most heat to my leg. What do you guys think , am I making a bigger deal out of this than it really should be? I just want to make sure that my money is well spent.

Thanks in advance...
Go D & D and be done with it. The choice is easy. Performance wrapped baffle, not too loud not too quiet

Old 08-13-2012, 08:15 AM
cruzmisl
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go Dragula and be done with it. The choice is easy. Ceramic coated in and out, cheaper in price and performs great

Old 08-13-2012, 09:03 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Anything you go with that doesn't have a cat in the header is going to be cooler, hell even after I removed the cat it was a tremendous improvement. So go with the one that's got the most eye appeal cuz their all going to be an improvement.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:06 AM
Varooom
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Look at Bassani's web page. The new RoadRage is for modified motors over 110 cu in. Will not run well on a stock 103.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Northside
Road Warrior
Received 141 Likes on 87 Posts

They should all perform well. I don't know anything about Dragos other than what I have read, and that's good. Bassani performs well but fit and finish not the best. D&D, a proven winner for performance, fit and finish second to none, and customer service is great. That's why I run a D&D Fat Cat. Some people don't like the D&D's distintctive sound. I often get compliments on the way mine sounds on my 103.

There are a lot of quality 2 into 1 pipes out there. I don't think you'll notice a huge difference in power between them on a stock motor.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:15 AM
NorCalFBLO
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

can't go wrong and you probably couldn't tell the difference in performance. Pick the one you like looks and sound.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:20 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 476 Likes on 124 Posts

I've ran D & D and Bassani , D & D were good quality but sound terrible , went to Bassani Road Rage II B-4 pipes , quality and sound were great , performance I gained 2 torque and 1 hp over my D & D and the curve was almost identical so I would call it a draw , my freind runs Dragula , they look good , sound good and produce good power , I think based on all factors Dragula is the best buy , then Bassani , this picture is of my Bassani's

Attached Thumbnails D&D Fatcat vs Bassani Road Rage vs Dragos Dragula-7-12-fltrx-013.jpg  
Old 08-13-2012, 12:48 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,565 Likes on 1,497 Posts

If I were going with a 2 into 1,the choice would be easy. Dragula to me is a no brainer,performance,quality,and price!

Old 08-13-2012, 05:12 PM
CigarCritic
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

FatCat....for the win.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: D&D Fatcat vs Bassani Road Rage vs Dragos Dragula