Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 07:46 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 470 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by Lightafatty
Not much left of a Fatboy Lo anymore, but thats what it started out as. LOL

Looks good man, glad you got it straightened out.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:07 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lightafatty
Not much left of a Fatboy Lo anymore, but thats what it started out as. LOL

got to say...... ONE BAD AZZ LO

Old 06-16-2013, 07:41 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

wishing all my lo bro's a happy Fathers Day

Old 06-16-2013, 11:53 AM
Pufferpunk
Intermediate

I'm used to riding my old shovel for the past 25 years. Took my new Lo for it's maiden voyage just now, 32 mi round trip. OMG, does this motor run HOT! My right thigh is burning up! I was at a stoplight for at least 5 minutes & I was ready to get off the bike. Even at 80, with my foot on the engine guard, I could feel the heat coming up from the seat. Hubby's calling me a sissy, that this is what I should expect with the bigger motor on an air-cooled bike (he rides a V-rod). I can't imagine a lifetime over this thing!
I got new Patriot pipes. Lots of folks stated here, they run cooler. Not for me...

Old 06-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Stratoscape
Advanced
Default Engine upgrade complete

So I ended up at Midevil Custom Cycles in northern Maryland, Rick the owner was great. I talked to him about what I wanted to do and how I rode. Long story short he was not recommending I go with the 107. He showed me quite a bit, went through a lot of back and forth discussions, and was extremely patient.. then he told me to go down to Zippers and talk to them. So I did.

When I say I am not a bar hopper, and don't burn out or run high speeds I mean it.. I think some might say it but I couldn't get past the thought I was losing so much with going with a 103 vs a 107. I felt like I was playing not to lose. But again the thinness and heat were an unknown concern after much discussion I just couldn't get past. Nothing but great reviews for both kits, but i am focused on putting 100k on this bike and lots of freeway miles as I turn my Lo into a Tank Bagger..

End of the day I got my bike yesterday with Zipper Sleeper 103 cylinders and 10.5 compression pistons. Went with the Thundermax as I want plug and ride. FM has this at an awesome price... I stuck with the TW-555 Cams, added the Dual Chain Tensioner, and upgraded the clutch plate and lifters.

midevilcc rocked it. Its like riding a new bike and having to learn it all over. Power everywhere I need it. Great lope from the cams. The Clutch is tight and most of the time i don't even need to pull it in. I know the 107 or even head work would have be more than I need and I am at ease with my longevity and heat fears. I am heading up through Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Maine, Vermont back to Harley Rendezvous Classic this weekend. So I will drop another 1k miles on it and expect to be grinning ear to ear the whole time.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-2013-06-09-10.00.51.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-2013-06-15-14.54.14.jpg  

Last edited by Stratoscape; 06-16-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:45 PM
Stratoscape
Advanced
Default Bagger Lo

So the other part dilemna I was having for long rides leading me to look at a touring bike was my posture, or pain in my neck. I had already put a ton of resources into the slammers and they relieved my shoulder pain from the stock bars, but I needed another 1-1/2 inches. The Slammers are not adjustable.

While I was looking at a new set of bars. Rick at Midevil Custom Cycles fabricated me a set of Brass 1 1/2 5 degree risers. They match my brass grips...

I also got my Primary and few other things PC'd and now Im working on some custom bags that have never been seen before..

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-screen-shot-2013-06-16-at-2.41.05-pm.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-2013-06-15-14.53.59.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-2013-06-15-14.54.46.jpg  

Last edited by Stratoscape; 06-16-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:01 PM
liquidr1
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Pufferpunk
I'm used to riding my old shovel for the past 25 years. Took my new Lo for it's maiden voyage just now, 32 mi round trip. OMG, does this motor run HOT! My right thigh is burning up! I was at a stoplight for at least 5 minutes & I was ready to get off the bike. Even at 80, with my foot on the engine guard, I could feel the heat coming up from the seat. Hubby's calling me a sissy, that this is what I should expect with the bigger motor on an air-cooled bike (he rides a V-rod). I can't imagine a lifetime over this thing!
I got new Patriot pipes. Lots of folks stated here, they run cooler. Not for me...

Get rid of the stock exhaust for (and I don't mean slip on's) and get it tuned. The catalytic converters in the stock exhaust create lots of heat on top of the fact that they run lean to meet epa regulations. It will run much cooler. Heat will not be an issue after properly tuned.

Old 06-16-2013, 04:18 PM
cjsfatboy
1st Gear

The CAT is in the mufflers on the '13 Lo. I replaced the mufflers with Rush 1.75 slip-ons and loaded the tune I received with my PowerVision from Fuel Moto. The heat is way down and the bike runs a heck of a lot better.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:36 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well since my wife and daughter were out of town visiting family today I had some time to work on the Lo. First thing on the agenda was moving the Big City Thunder QQ baffles from the stock baffle location to the six inches recommended. Should have been pretty straight forward (minus messing with the heat shields) but in my great tradition I promptly stripped the allen head bolt on the bottom baffle. After messing with vise grips and other things I finally resorted to taking a dremel and grinding the head completely off. Managed to finally get the bolt out but the stock hole is a little bigger now. The rest of the install went fine. The bottom baffle is actually at about 6.5 inches since I wanted to avoid the area where the shield clamp bracket would be. Just a short trip with it so far but I seems to have at least a little more torque and the decel pop is less and more muted. I also installed a 12volt outlet so I can charge my cellphone in the left saddlebag and put on the extended turn signals. Not sure what I want to do next. Still thinking about doing the wild 1 560s.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:52 AM
Pufferpunk
Intermediate

I DID get rid of the stock exhaust & now have the Patriot pipes, which you guys here stated the bike ran way cooler. Well, it's not true! I ordered the Captain Itch leather heat shield.

Here's the new modified scoot:

Name:  LetsGo_zpsf41a770e.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  48.1 KB

Name:  Redytoroll_zps551e6310.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  46.0 KB

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners