General Topics/Tech Tips Discussion on break in periods, rider comfort, seats and pad suggestions. Tech tips as they become available will be posted here.

Royally Screwed Today!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2024, 05:38 PM
brakeless
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,487 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Originally Posted by bustert
yep quad rings can get pricey. unless the assy calls for them, o-rings will work.
that said, if you find backup rings with the o-ring make sure you use them or the o-ring is subject to early failure.
they usually go on the low pressure side of the o-ring and control squish.
I gave the parts guy the HD OEM P/N for the O Rings and he brought out those. I've always used o rings before.

Old 05-08-2024, 10:30 AM
Imagox
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I’ve visited half a dozen different dealerships in the past few months looking for this or that for my Dad’s 75 Superglide and lemme tell you - I am NOT impressed. With almost any of them.

Not only do they never have any parts for a bike that old, they actively seem ANNOYED that I’m asking them for parts for something like that. Contrast that to Honda, Triumph, etc - you show up there with something really vintage and you’ll have half the store gathered around ooohing and aaaahing over the lump because they’re relatively rare any more.

I expected Harley folks to really appreciate a well cared-for and running bike of that vintage, but both at dealerships and at bike gatherings the HD folks seem the opposite. 😓

And $27 for a few gaskets IS nuts I agree.

The following users liked this post:
brakeless (05-08-2024)
Old 05-08-2024, 11:09 AM
brakeless
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,487 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Originally Posted by Imagox
I’ve visited half a dozen different dealerships in the past few months looking for this or that for my Dad’s 75 Superglide and lemme tell you - I am NOT impressed. With almost any of them.

Not only do they never have any parts for a bike that old, they actively seem ANNOYED that I’m asking them for parts for something like that. Contrast that to Honda, Triumph, etc - you show up there with something really vintage and you’ll have half the store gathered around ooohing and aaaahing over the lump because they’re relatively rare any more.

I expected Harley folks to really appreciate a well cared-for and running bike of that vintage, but both at dealerships and at bike gatherings the HD folks seem the opposite. 😓

And $27 for a few gaskets IS nuts I agree.
I agree with the HD attitudes. Last time I was in a Dealership I stopped to look at some new bikes. Of course a salesman was right on me with "Looking to buy a Harley?" Which is of course why he's there, right? I said I already have two and his response was "Well they're old, you need a new one!" I told him to get away from me, I'm not buying a new bike today.

The following users liked this post:
TwiZted Biker (05-08-2024)