Old 04-13-2024, 06:33 AM
VA_Larry
Road Captain
Received 112 Likes on 68 Posts

Has this been tried?
Do not connect or disconnect the HD Cardo from the bike
Power up the headset and confirm the latest firmware is installed
Attempt voice commands

if the commands do not work the it is definitely a hardware headset issue.

If the commands do work, reconnect to the bike and retest. If the commands fail something in the connection is introducing the issue.

The headset should be fully functional for these commands without connecting to the bike. The “hey Cardo” is a headset OS function.

When HD introduced their HD branded Sena units it took a couple of firmware updates to settle them down. For the Sena units the firmware and update process was unique to the HD brands and the standard Sena updates would not work. Might be similar for the Cardo units now.

Old 04-13-2024, 06:43 AM
Grand HDF Member

Received 5,416 Likes on 2,237 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron173
just got my exact same model hd packtalk edge set up and voice commands not working either

the button keeps turning off
also no voice commands listed in the guide
also no microphone sensitivity option

mic works fine on mesh etc

it’s like a setup issue

did you get it fixed mate?
I just spent $1250 bux on this piece of ****
im so over Harley and their **** electronics
I have the whim also
another $600 there
cardio voice still not work
This is in the Cardo Edge description on the HD website. Very odd description, but perhaps it just not compatible with the WHIM.

Last edited by 702; 04-13-2024 at 06:45 AM.
Old 04-13-2024, 10:29 AM
lefty33
Road Warrior
Received 622 Likes on 435 Posts

I have the whim also
another $600 there
cardio voice still not work
Originally Posted by 702
This is in the Cardo Edge description on the HD website. Very odd description, but perhaps it just not compatible with the WHIM.

I believe 702 is correct. As I understand, the WHIM is for pre 2023.5 CVO & 2024 SG/RG. The WHIM is SENA based for GT/GTS radios.
The new HD Cardo is for the Skyline based bikes.

Old 04-16-2024, 08:21 AM
dsigrist
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

For what it's worth, here's what I've found so far regarding Cardo. Originally purchased the H-D branded Packtalk Duo set. Connected one to my 2023 CVO Roadglide and my wife uses hers simply connected to her phone while riding her Heritage. As an intercom, worked fine however neither unit would respond to Hey Cardo functions and that function would not stay enabled via the Cardo App. Working with my local parts department, we found that even a completely new set exhibited the same symptoms.

Tried two single unit packs and they worked correctly prior to connecting to my CVO. My wife's Cardo responds to all Hey Cardo functions. Mine will respond to all Hey Cardo functions until I turn on the bike and it connects. At that point my Hey Cardo functions will not work.

First conclusion is that something is happening when Cardo 'marries' two H-D branded units in the Duo pack resulting in the Hey Cardo function not working in any configuration.
Second conclusion is H-D Skyline OS is somehow inhibiting the Hey Cardo function once it connects to the bike.

One thing that dawned on me while typing this is that I haven't tried turning on the Cardo unit after the bike is fully up and running. I normally get geared up, turn on the Cardo and then start the bike. I'll give that a try later this morning and update this thread.

Ride Safe

** Update **

Well I tried starting the bike first and then the Cardo, still no joy. I even verified that once I shut the bike down, I was again able to use the Hey Cardo functions. I guess we'll just have wait for H-D to catch up on technology.

Last edited by dsigrist; 04-16-2024 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Troubleshooting update
Old 04-16-2024, 08:42 AM
08518 biker
Intermediate
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

On the Harley website store, in the Remarks section for their branded Packtalk Edge, the “H-D Team” responds to a negative review of the voice commands not working with, “Voice Recognition/“Hey Cardo” when paired with your phone (only) should work as expected. However, when paired with the IFCU-Skyline OS (bike), “Hey Cardo” will not be active as there is Voice Recognition built within the Skyline OS specifically.”

I can’t get voice commands on my branded Packtalk Edge to work connected to a non-Skyline OS bike, or sitting in my living room just connected to my cell phone, so I think the H-D Team’s comment is not accurate.

I just bought a non-branded Packtalk Edge and voice commands are working great, even on my Skyline. If I am losing any special Harley voice commands I am not aware of it. Apple CarPlay works fine, too. Hopefully Harley will come out with a fix and then I will have two functional units.

Old 04-16-2024, 09:11 AM
jwt873
Road Warrior
Received 4,339 Likes on 936 Posts

Just as a note, the '24 models with the SkylineOS don't require a WHIM. Full Bluetooth functionality is built in.

And for what it's worth.. I have an old non Harley branded Cardo Freecom+ (Which is out of production). It works fine with my Skyline radio. But, I've only issued voice commands in Apple Carplay.

Old 04-24-2024, 07:57 PM
BobE28
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was considering buying a non Harley branded Cardo Pack Talk Edge and was wondering what I would lose in functionality vs the branded version. It appears that there is nothing significant that I would be missing with the branded version.

Old 04-26-2024, 10:30 PM
08518 biker
Intermediate
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

As I note a couple of replies ago, I did buy a non-branded Cardo Packtalk Edge, and now, after about 150 miles with it, I am very happy and am unaware of any Skyline functions I can’t do.

On the other hand, I am learning something new about the Skyline every time I take the bike out. My most recent new feature is programming my garage door opener to the bike. Now I just flick my highbeams and the door opens and closes. Neat.

Last edited by 08518 biker; 04-26-2024 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-27-2024, 08:32 AM
BobE28
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

08518_biker Thanks for the confirmation. I ordered a non-branded Cardo yesterday. Given the newness, I suspect there will be many new easter eggs to be discovered as we get more acquainted with the features of the Skyline OS

Quick Reply: 2024 Models: Packtalk Edge Voice Commands Not Working